The Brand Ambassador is part of the Marketing & Communications department for Minnesota United FC (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
Our purpose has been fully focused on growing and improving its surrounding communities through the world’s game. As a Brand Ambassador, you will play a pivotal role in representing our team, engaging with fans and community members. You will be responsible for creating a positive and energetic atmosphere on game days, various events, promoting team initiatives, and assisting with promotional activities. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Brand Ambassador Team. This is a part-time role reporting to the Experiential Marketing Coordinator and Experiential Marketing & Game Presentation Specialist.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Minnesota United FC, representing the MNUFC brand in a positive, knowledgeable manner
- Attend a diverse array of MNUFC and MNUFC 2 games, year-round community events, including local festivals, youth soccer tournaments, parades, watch parties, and more
- Work in cooperation with the MNUFC Marketing, Community Relations, Community Partnerships, Ticket Sales, and Special Events Departments to ensure the successful execution of events
- Assist the Live Production team with the execution of MNUFC events and game days from start to finish, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with load in/out, coordinating games and activities, running contests and sweepstakes, setting up and breaking down equipment such as tents, tables, sound equipment, inflatable, and more
- Maintain and track inventory of game presentation/event props, merchandise, and giveaway items
- Act as a mascot handler during MNUFC game days and events, including but not limited to: taking photos for fans, assisting with the mascot timeline, and upholding mascot safety
- Promptly communicate any problems, issues, defects or feedback to production
- Collaborate and work as a team player with other staff to ensure a seamless event and game day experience
You might be a fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about growing the game of soccer in the Twin Cities
- Enjoy building relationships and talking to people about soccer
- Have experience in event marketing or promotions
- Are a team player with a positive attitude
- Bilingual skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays as needed, along with a majority of MNUFC & MNUFC2 home games
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation (not all locations are accessible via public transit)
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.