Sr Director, Event Services - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic leader with broad experience in event operations and management. The Director, Event Services is responsible for oversight of all Front of House (FOH) event operational functions including box office, guest experience, security, and parking at Banc of California Stadium. The position will be a key leader in driving innovation while also managing events in both the stadium and ancillary hospitality spaces. The position requires strong experience in facility management, a commitment to creating unique experiences, and exceptional maturity and leadership qualities. The successful candidate must be energetic, collaborative, and team-oriented.
- Oversee FOH operations including all aspect of the guest experience including hospitality amenities, VIP experience, safety, parking, and ticketing for all live events.
- Collaborate with stadium Directors to ensure efficient operations of ticketed events.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the total guest experience as a central part of the stadium experience with long-term plans for ongoing training programs.
- Ensure proper safety policies, procedures, and training are in place and being adhered to in regards to FOH operations.
- Oversee relationships with all law enforcement agencies (CHP, LAPD), third party security contractors (CSC), & medical services.
- Development and management of 24/7 security operation, emergency management planning, and risk management policies.
- Work closely with Exposition Park & Everpark to develop extensive parking and traffic plans to ensure seamless execution day of event.
- Foster a working environment that promotes innovation and implementation of best practices to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs while increasing productivity.
- Serve as a key leader, providing guidance and setting an example for exemplary work ethic and program quality for employees and the community.
- Supervise and mentor department Managers by providing training, professional development, and ensuring Organizational results are being achieved.
- Participate and lead departmental meetings to ensure a strong team culture throughout the Club.
- Develop and maintain capital, departmental operating, and event related budgets (security, guest services, parking, box office and realization of operation cost, expense goals, and revenue opportunity.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent communication between ticketing partner, clients, and the Club.
- Work with event promoters and appropriate internal personnel to establish ticket pricing, scaling, and seating configurations.
- Establish event files that correctly document how the show was built, with all of the event build details, as well as any requested changes to the event over the life of the event.
- Accurately maintain ticket report of holds, comps, audits and ticket inventory.
- Serve as the point of contact day of event for all production changes, artist/promoter/VIP program needs, and event settlement process.
- Develop, monitor, and ensure that ticketing related financial information is easily and readily available to the accounting department.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/University in sports management or related field preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive leadership experience with front of house departments at a high profile venue required.
- Proven knowledge and experience in venue management, leadership, strategic planning, operations, financial management, and production of large-scale events.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to multi-task successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and motivate teams to a high level of performance while fostering an inclusive, positive, and empowering work environment.
- Strong financial knowledge, including the ability to develop financial forecasts, work with, examine and evaluate data and report findings; ability to manage and operate within large-scale budgets.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Advance computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Robust experience using various ticketing platforms (ie. Ticketmaster) required.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays in addition to normal business hours is required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?