Senior Accountant - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for traditional accounting tasks such as reporting, data preparation and analysis, transaction posting, tax documents, updating expense files, and account reconciliation. This role will perform financial transactions and post them in the general ledger, with strong attention to detail. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will have a crucial role in implementing accounting processes and procedures to enhance overall effectiveness.
- Prepare journal entries, for example: revenues and expenses by event, recurring entries, accruals, outstanding bank transactions, etc.
- Perform month end close procedures, initial review of monthly financial statements and prepare account reconciliations.
- Analyze account activity including researching, identifying, and proposing corrections where appropriate.
- Assist with annual audits including samples, support schedules, analysis questions, and other requirements.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax filings.
- Maintain internal control processes based on Company-wide guidance and knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Provide financial analysis on various activities/special projects.
- Provide leadership, professional mentoring, and task level supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree from an accredited College/University in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Accounting role required, within sports/entertainment industry preferred.
- CPA preferred, not required.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Experience with Sage Intacct or Microsoft Dynamics preferred, not required.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communication effectively and efficiently – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work productively and multi-task in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?