Manager, Partnership Marketing - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Activation
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Manager, Partnership Marketing, is responsible for managing a portion of LAFC’s partnership portfolio (estimated $3M - $6M revenue), all contractually obligated income (COI) of assigned accounts and overseeing the sole execution of assigned account assets. This role is also responsible for generating incremental annual organic revenue through upsells and renewals, as well as serving as department lead for applicable larger Club partnership verticals throughout the year. Position is salary based, with additional compensation available through competitive commission and bonus opportunities.
- Serve as the primary liaison between LAFC and assigned sponsor accounts to ensure and maintain positive relationship between both parties.
- Manage all aspects of partnership fulfillment for assigned account including, but not limited to weekly status calls, invoicing, hospitality, community programming & match day activation.
- Retain and generate incremental revenue with existing partners through upsells and renewals.
- Collaborate with our business development team to manage key category development, platform ideation for new and existing partners, design high level vision decks, and interactive pitch meetings.
- Partner with Brand and Community team to leverage existing programming by creating and implementing innovative platforms and assets that will provide incremental revenue opportunities for LAFC.
- Develop and track revenue retention and organic growth pipeline.
- Generate and present mid-year and end-year partnership recaps to exhibit ROI.
- Provide weekly report indicating status of all current partner and department administrative action items.
- Other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited College or University required.
- 4-5 years of account management experience within the sports industry, professional team or agency experience required.
- Proven track record of managing high spend partnership deals and securing incremental revenue opportunities with clients is a must.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Highly driven self-starter, with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask and execute various projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading skills, and a strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Superb critical thinking ability to effectively and efficiently address and solve internal and external challenges.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, KORE Software, and a myriad of third-party research.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Bilingual in Spanish and strong knowledge of Latin culture is a plus.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work all home games during the season.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
If yes, what is your WOTC questionnaire code?