Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Manager, Facilities Operations
Los Angeles Football Club
Los Angeles, CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance required to operate, maintain, and service Banc of California Stadium. This includes but is not limited to planning, monitoring, delegating, and managing all event conversion, strike, and general building/department needs.
- Partner with the Director, Facilities Operations in the development, implementation, and maintenance of standard operating procedures and personnel policies for the Stadium.
- Work closely with Event Manager to oversee facility operational preparations and tasks leading up to event, during event, and post event.
- Inspect the completion of all assigned tasks to guarantee all specifications and requests are met.
- Ensure all stadium equipment maintenance and repairs are up to date.
- Maintain open & fluid communication between clients, tenants, subcontractors, departments, employees, and patrons as it relates to facility, event, and meeting requests; in addition to providing timely information when necessary.
- Oversee department recruitment, training, and scheduling to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for inventory management of all equipment as it pertains to the Stadium and Performance Center.
- Assist Turf and Grounds department in all field event set-up and as necessary.
- Work with ABM personnel on projects related to efficient day-to-day janitorial and engineering tasks.
- Facilitate work orders through Aware Manager to related departments.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Degree in Business, Facilities Management, or related field required.
- Minimum 2-3 years facility management or related experience.
- Knowledge of operational practices and procedures related to events, field set-up, and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand/power tools.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, event documents and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and oral.
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-task in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and make sound decisions due to last minute changes.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented with excellent multitasking and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suites program – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must possess a current valid California Driver’s License.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and lift up to 50lb unassisted.
- Forklift and scissor lift certified is a plus.
- Proficient in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?