The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Event Coordinator will assist in organizing, coordinating, and providing support to each applicable department to ensure a safe and seamless execution of each event.
- Assist event managers with proper execution for sporting events, private events, and concerts, while facilitating proper interdepartmental communication and organization across applicable departments in a timely manner.
- Oversee 30-day events calendar, production meeting agendas and external calendar updates as well as communicating necessary changes.
- Assist events department with daily administrative work and organization of calendars.
- Have a heightened awareness of the Guest Experience program, Security and Operations procedures, and collaborate with other internal departments to ensure Stadium standards are exceeded.
- Interface with local vendors and city entities (LAPD, LAFD, DOT, Building & Safety, etc) on all permit requirements.
- Conduct production meetings that clearly communicate all event requirements and drive the goals and objectives of each assigned event.
- Partner with Stadium Management to prepare event plans and execute with external clients for each assigned event.
- Manage event expenses for settlements and keep them within budgetary parameters.
- Coordinate concepts, budgets, and maintain event binders and files for each.
- Cross train as necessary for all events taking place at stadium inclusive of concerts, specialty events, LAFC and Angel City matches.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/ University required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in an event related position within the sports/entertainment industry required.
- Running knowledge of MLS Soccer and competition elements preferred.
- Ability to work productively and multi-task in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Strong understanding of contracts and how to execute terms listed within.
- Detail-oriented, driven self-motivator with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Possess a positive and optimistic attitude to lead and inspire other departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English - both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs - Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.