Director, Communications & Publicity with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Communications/Community Relations: Communications Department Management
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Director, Communications & Publicity manages and executes communications and public relations activities for LAFC and Banc of California Stadium. This position helps lead the brand storytelling for the Club and Stadium and is responsible for developing and controlling narratives that build credibility, relevance and drive revenue. The Director, Communications & Publicity will help create how the Club communicates who we are both locally and nationally, advises executives on communications strategy, and supports functional areas of LAFC.
- Create strategies that generate fan interest and engagement for LAFC and the Stadium.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all media including team broadcast partners.
- Develop key storylines and content that showcases the Company’s narrative across entertainment, business, community, lifestyle and sports.
- Strategic writer and editor who shapes public perception of the Organization while upholding its values and integrity. Writing and editing duties to include, but not limited to: press releases, quote drafts, video scripts, event programs, marketing collateral, select internal and external written communications, op-eds, presentation decks, and multimedia projects.
- Manage the development of proactive publicity and media operations for all Stadium events including LAFC games via the following:
- Serving as a stakeholder for dozens of media outlets and editorial decision makers.
- Creating and pitching feature ideas to national and international sports media.
- Oversee and participate in live monitoring of MLS games and related internal and external communications.
- Advise on consistent and successful messaging throughout all communications, digital and marketing platforms.
- Support Company executives with interview preparation, message points, and strategic messaging.
- Provide elite tracking, monitoring and measurement of communications coverage.
- Manage interview requests and all media as it relates to players, coaches, front office staff and game day information distribution.
- Respond to media inquiries in a timely manner, provide background information, facilitate interviews and serving as a Company spokesperson on select topics as necessary.
- Work closely with MLS League office on communications strategy and set measurable standards of achievement.
- Partner with other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, program, and other organization-wide events.
- Attend industry events and trade conferences to remain current with industry changes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and can explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in public relations, marketing, sports administration or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public relations, communications, or marketing required, with a professional sports team or arena/stadium preferred.
- Working knowledge and passion for MLS and live events also preferred.
- Extensive local, regional and national media contacts and demonstrated ability to place stories.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with a variety of media and community contacts (such as newspapers, TV, radio, social media, etc.). Current relationships in Sports, Business, Community, and Philanthropic/Charitable media outlets/writers (both English and Spanish markets) are a plus.
- Familiarity with current patterns and trends in PR, digital and social media.
- Proven record of outstanding public speaking skills in addition to written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work successfully in a fast-paced environment while making sound and informed decisions to adapt to various unforeseen changes at the last minute.
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects.
- Individual must be detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to work individually or in a group.
- Ability to anticipate problems and identify opportunities to build\protect the LAFC brand.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?