Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director, Agency Relations with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Advertising/Agency
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
As a member of the Corporate Partnership sales team, the Director, Agency Relations will focus on selling LAFC integrated media commercial assets. This includes but is not limited to broadcast media (TV), on-site exterior Stadium signage, promotional opportunities, logos, marks, and digital/social/on-line assets. This role will strategically engage new agency/brand partners to drive business value across all LAFC platforms.
- Develop LAFC’s agency relations & Media business, from introduction to closure including but not limited to the following: prospect research, securing the meeting, conducting the pitch, follow-up strategies, finalizing terms and signed contract.
- Responsible for sales related to brick and mortar real estate & entitlement assets connected to Banc of California Stadium, LAFC, and any other owned or managed mixed use/retail assets.
- Monitor relevant market developments in the entertainment/sporting industry and proactively prospect.
- Utilize client objectives and goals to develop and research promotional platforms and partnership strategies.
- Create, track, develop and maintain all proposals, research, contracts and follow all corporate partnership processes and guidelines.
- Work closely with cross functional departments to ensure inventory & high levels of fulfillment.
- Participate in events, promotions, client entertainment and other activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree from an accredited four year College or University required.
- Minimum of 4+ years in agency relations, media sales and/or corporate/brand partnership sales experience required, sports/entertainment industry preferred but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of media agency landscape, and fundamentals of multi-media selling, planning and buying.
- Must have proven track record of driving and executing significant six, seven and eight figure media and partnership deals.
- Strong understanding of or experience with programs integrating social or digital media preferred.
- Familiarity with the standard demographic research & analytics tools (i.e.- Scarborough, Repucom, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to network and create relationships across all levels internally within the organization and externally.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) along with polished presentation skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends and evenings as required. Must be able to work all home games during regular season.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?