Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Coordinator, LAFC Foundation with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
LAFC Foundation empowers youth and communities across the City of Los Angeles by providing access and opportunity to the world’s game, teaching life skills, supporting public education, and promoting health and well-being. LAFC Foundation and Community Relations department is committed to being a force for good in Los Angeles while using the beautiful game of soccer as a vehicle for change. The Foundation is seeking an organized and passionate full-time coordinator that will work closely with and support the Community Relations department.
- Assist in managing charitable donation requests for the Foundation and Community Relations Department, including but not limited to: donation request database, donation fulfillment, ticket coordination, tracking, and distribution.
- Coordinate documentation of the Foundation’s initiatives and impact via social media, photography, and metrics tracking at events.
- Handle Foundation administrative needs, including book keeping, autographed item inventory, and season membership ticket donation program.
- Coordinate Foundation table activation for match days, online auctions, and silent auctions with the support of the Executive Director.
- Act as the department lead when collaborating with game operations and game presentation regarding match day elements.
- Assist in executing Foundation and Community Relations programming and promotions throughout Greater Los Angeles such as youth soccer tournaments and department related events.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum 1-2 years work related experience in a similar role preferred.
- Previous experience with a non-profit or event coordination is a plus.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with ability to multi-task and execute various projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong communications skills required – both verbal and written.
- Charismatic, engaging, and approachable personality is a must.
- Team-oriented individual who works well under pressure, maintains a positive attitude and is both accountable and reliable.
- Passion for the Los Angeles community and Los Angeles Football Club Foundation.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?