Conversion Coordinator - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Conversion Coordinator is responsible for overseeing general tasks required to run, maintain, and convert Banc of California Stadium. This position will also act as a liaison between the facility and clients during conversion, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of maintenance and repairs received from facility operations leadership.
- Execute required conversion requests from various departments and contractors to ensure the facility is ready for each individual event.
- Regularly attend event planning meetings to ensure the Operations Department receives pertinent information to appropriately staff and prepare the facility for upcoming events.
- Partner with all applicable departments to provide clear, concise, and timely communications regarding event requirements and requests.
- Assist in tracking and accounting inventory for all stadium equipment on a regular basis.
- Will serve as lead of the Operations Crew and third-party vendors during assigned overnight conversions and select events.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules, departmental standard operating procedures, emergency procedures, and risk/safety policies are being adhered to and compliant with all governmental regulations including but not limited to cal OSHA.
- Execute installation and dismantle of various conversion equipment, including but not limited to, staging, temporary flooring, trussing, demountable seating, and chair set/strike.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Facilities Management, or related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in facility operations, at a venue/stadium preferred.
- Familiar with best practices for operating different types of sports/entertainment venues.
- Experience in executing major event facility conversions preferred.
- Forward thinking planner who is able to galvanize a team around long term initiatives.
- Ability to work successfully independently or through cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Possess a professional demeanor and can interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of the following computer programs: Microsoft Office (including, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must possess a current and valid California Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance and stand/walk for long period of time.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.