Broadcast and A/V Engineer - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Technical Services: Audio/Video Editing and Production
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Broadcast and A/V Engineer is responsible for overseeing and providing broadcast operational services as well as video and audio engineering services at Banc of California Stadium. This role manages technical implementation, repairs, and maintenance of complex broadcast equipment, including control room, HD cameras, audio systems, IPTV, video displays, and large-format LED displays. This role also provides engineering support to broadcast and remote production trucks, maintains primary event feeds, distribution, web streaming, social networking, and external video presentations. This role reports to the Director, Stadium Production & A/V and will supervise part-time and vendor/contract employees, including but not limited to video and audio engineers, engineers, A/V technicians, IPTV technicians, RF frequency coordinators, and control room crew.
- Engineer in Charge (EIC) for all Broadcast, A/V, and Media Services related to in-stadium and remote production trucks to ensure all signals and data are routed properly.
- Install, maintain, modify, operate and support complex broadcast systems and A/V equipment at Banc of California Stadium.
- Liaise and provide support/coordination between stadium production and operations and all outside ENG truck tie-ins for functional needs, including but not limited to park & power, satellite feeds, ethernet/wireless, phone lines, operations requests, etc. Ensure Company broadcast and operations policies and standards are upheld and followed.
- Interact with visiting production crews, broadcast network Technical Managers, Gameday/Event Producers, clients for concerts, and other third-party stadium events to ensure a successful production by demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Support all LAFC, tenants, and third-party events in the Stadium including but not limited to Angel City FC show presentation at the direction of the Event Manager/Producer.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling part-time and contracted staff required for games and events in addition to supervising technical engineering personnel assigned to an event.
- Supervise, train and provide technical direction to assigned staff, contract staff and outside vendors in the operation, installation and maintenance of broadcast equipment and systems.
- Lead all work coordination and systems engineering as required or dictated by the stadium event schedule. Set up and strike all equipment necessary for game and event production.
- Assist with media ingestion, conversion, and display/distribution as required for games and events.
- Manage preventative maintenance of existing broadcast and A/V equipment as well as installation of new equipment, and partner with Operations team to develop additional expansion and improvement plans.
- Serve as point of contact with manufacturers & service agreement providers to coordinate, authorize, and track repairs for preventive, predictive and/or required maintenance.
- Monitor equipment that may be malfunctioning during event and broadcast with ability to rapidly diagnose problems and implement timely solutions.
- Daily system monitoring of both primary and redundant infrastructure and network switches, equipment testing and optimization for continued operation of stadium technology.
- Maintain software updates on all audio and video equipment, including but not limited to: Evertz video routing systems, Ross Switcher/XPression, Audio Architect, Allen-Heath, communication systems (including RTS, Clear Comm, Sure, etc.).
- Facilitate compliance with FCC and FAA rules and other relevant federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Partner with department head on budget to identify ways to maximize revenue potential and items related to payroll costs, work orders, material, equipment, capital projects, and other operational records for the department to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical degree in video/broadcast engineering, digital media production, broadcast operations, or other related disciplines required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in video and broadcast engineering required, in sports/venue production & engineering preferred.
- Exceptional understanding of HD/4K/UHD broadcast technology, IP routing and IP 2110/SMPTE multicast architecture, signal flow systems (maintenance & design), fiber optic transmission, maintenance, and repair, RF systems, distributed audio systems (including front-of-house, back-of-house, and portable), and large-scale LED display technology.
- Strong knowledge of control room technology and equipment, including but not limited to: multiviewers, replay systems, switchers, CG equipment, HD cameras (including RF, stationary & PTZ), camera shading & remote/robotic operation, communication systems, digital video & graphic playback, digital projectors, audio systems (including microphones, amplifiers, speakers, monitors, etc.).
- Experience with Evertz routing, Ross Systems, Dante, Allen-Heath mixers, Reidel, RTS, Clear Comm, Cisco is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand technical materials, including instruction/repair manuals, service contracts, agreements, warranty-related materials, CAD diagrams, blueprints, etc.
- Ability to solder and terminate cables and power connectors.
- Must be proactive, organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work successfully without direct supervision or in a team setting with internal and external clients.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technical systems in a quick and productive manner.
- Possess a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours in addition to regular business hours as dictated by the stadium event schedule.
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands/arms, lift/move 50+ pounds, and climb stairs/ladders for multiple hours and with limited assistance.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?