Associate Director, Creative and Branded Content - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles · CA)
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
We are looking for an Associate Director to support our Creative & Branded Content department. This role is responsible for conceptualizing and developing a vast range of creative projects for LAFC’s brand and it's extensions. Through human-centered design and experimentation, this position will elevate the perception of our products, services, and designs. The Associate Director must be able to work with like-minded creatives in a team environment to be successful.
- Partner with Creative Director, Art Director, and the Brand & Community department to translate LAFC’s brands (and extensions) into exciting and relevant promotions.
- Conceptualize, produce, and edit branded video content, campaign creative, and select matchday presentation elements for LAFC.
- Identify trends and turn them into new concepts with our multidisciplinary team.
- Contribute to and advance LAFC’s aesthetic direction.
- Participate and influence all stages of a project, from design research and prototyping to final product and presentation, with a focus on visual communication and storytelling.
- Prepare, adapt, and execute production content into prescribed formats including but not limited to YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, broadcast, in-stadium boards, OOH digital etc.
- Partner with the merchandise team to identify and develop digital products for purchase as well as promotional items and giveaways.
- Create motion graphics templates for historic Club moments, big and small (player signings, match days, community events, etc).
- Contribute to the organization and maintenance of our Cloud based creative sharing systems.
- Maintain both asset libraries and exports of projects in a sharable manner that can be easily accessible by the department.
- Analyze web, email, social metrics, and other information to provide thoughtful suggestions and feedback to the department.
- Proactively look for ways to improve and enhance performance across digital platforms.
- Collaborate on special projects to identify and solve creative issues across various departments.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- 3-4 years of film/video production editing/post-production, and graphic design/motion graphic experience required. Must be able to show portfolio or work upon request.
- Proven work experience developing pitch decks, supplemental pre-production material for commercial clientele, and marketing best practices preferred.
- Advanced level proficiency with the Adobe CC suite required.
- Experience with project management software preferred (ie. Basecamp, Monday, Milanote, etc).
- Knowledgeable of design practices such as brand development, user-centered experience design, and digital design.
- Ability to work successfully in a team while receiving constructive creative feedback for executing direction.
- Must have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong sense of self determination, motivation, and personal development.
- Competency for low and high level cinematic principles.
- Versed with producing derivative content to extend a campaign’s creative deliverables across multiple platforms i.e. social media, broadcast, OOH, etc.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the event calendar requires.
- Some travel may be required.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?