Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Assistant Athletic Trainer with Los Angeles Football Club in Los Angeles · CA
Los Angeles Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Los Angeles · CA
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is the newest MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles with its 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer assists the Head Athletic Trainer in managing the day to day sports medicine operations for the Club. This role provides injury prevention strategies, evaluations, treatment and rehabilitation for players medical problems.
- Performs duties of a certified athletic trainer in managing the health care of players, including but not limited to first aid / emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, conduct rehabilitation and make medical referrals.
- Maintain complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record system.
- Order and maintain inventory supply and clinical equipment.
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
- Comply with all Company and MLS medical policies and protocol.
- Comply with OSHA standards – especially with blood borne pathogens.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited College or University in health or related field required. Masters in related field preferred.
- At least 2 year’s experience in the field of sports medicine required, preferably at a professional MLS affiliated club.
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer – must be in good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA (or CATA).
- State license in CA, as required by state.
- Current professional CPR certification.
- Possess personal professional liability insurance.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Must be able to travel with team and work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance and stand/walk for long period of time.
LAFC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program. Your answers will be kept confidential and will not impact your employment opportunity. The questionnaire takes less than three minutes to complete. You will receive a code at the end and will be asked to enter your questionnaire code during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you take this survey for your WOTC code: https://survey.taxcreditco.com/LAFC
What is your WOTC questionnaire code?