Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Staff Accountant with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium in Houston, TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
The Staff Accountant will assist the Finance department in various Accounting functions of the Houston Dynamo, Dynamo Stadium, Houston Dash, Houston Sports Park, Forever Orange and Dynamo Charities (501c3). This position will perform professional level accounting work and assist with general office support tasks coordinated with and supervised by the Senior Accountant.
- Prepare accounting related cash and checks for daily deposits.
- Prepare and input journal entries through the general ledger as related to daily banking and ticketing activities for all six entities listed above.
- Prepare Monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Assist in performing various Monthly close account reconciliations.
- Assist in performing Monthly box office vault audits.
- Maintain accounting files and documents in an organized manner.
- Respond to customer, external and internal inquiries on a timely basis.
- Assist with general administrative tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Assist in preparation of documents for annual financial audit.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Experience in sports and/or arena management industry a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software and AXS/Veritix ticketing system preferred but not required.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?