The Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting soccer participation and growth in Houston, TX and beyond. The Club’s brands include men's and women's professional teams - the Houston Dynamo (MLS) and Houston Dash (NWSL), a development academy, Houston Dynamo Dash Charities, as well as Shell Energy Stadium and Houston Sports Park.
The Club has a rich history, including MLS Cup titles (2006, 2007) and in-season tournament championships for both the Dynamo (2018) and Dash (2020) and is focused on building toward the next championships, inspiring and uniting the city of Houston through the sport of soccer and community outreach, and creating the most inclusive sporting experience and diverse fan base in the city and state.
Purpose of the Job
This role is responsible for the planning, creation, and maintenance of the HDFC brands’ (Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, Shell Energy Stadium, Houston Dynamo and Dash Charities, HDFC Youth Programs, etc.) social platforms. This role is essential to serving the Club’s fans with engaging creative and timely messaging to help realize growth marketing objectives across channels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Authors and publishes timely social campaigns across corporate club channels on a daily basis.
- Supports, manages, and collaborates on campaign stories from ideation, creation and execution.
- Establishes weekly editorial calendar strategies to ensure storytelling in engaging across platforms.
- Designs and plans effective strategies with engaging tactics, in collaboration with marketing and multiple business unit partners.
- Translates consumer insights and business objectives into social goals, strategies, and tactics.
- Generates creative storytelling and strategic solutions based on trends, research, professional soccer calendar and best practices.
- Provides strategic direction on channels and formats, including the latest social media features and functions.
- Works amongst team to establish, maintain, and protect social media brand standards across channels on a daily basis.
- Leads and supports social fan engagement by monitoring and responding to our communities.
- Supports Digital Marketing Director and Manager with weekly metric tracking and assessment.
- Cultivates high profile relationships to create authentic storytelling.
- Supports business units in ensuring partner messaging is aligned to brand standards across channels.
- Stays abreast of social trends that translate to innovative storytelling initiatives.
- Assists with development and maintenance of a digital asset management system to program out soccer season and beyond.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience (or equivalent) in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Experience with team social media – preferred.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite, graphics production, use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Spanish language communication skills (written and verbal) preferred.
- Experience with video editing software (and best practices) desired, preferably Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Working knowledge of applying visual content to social media tools and best practices: Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram/Threads, YouTube desired.
- Understanding of analytics and reporting tools and web analysis measures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes
- Able to professionally work alongside high-profile talent and prioritize team brand.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently within a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks, good time-management and problem problem-solving skills.
- Maintains Organizational Core Competencies.
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable – Holds themselves (and when appropriate others) accountable for achieving goals and objectives.
Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes.
Progressive – Open minded, accepting, creative, and innovative in approach.
Values Driven – Being ethical in decision making and operating with professional integrity.
Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment. Ability to handle ambiguity.
Diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome, and the Club seeks individuals passionate about sport, inspiring the city and devoted to the organization's growth. While duties and responsibilities vary across positions, we are seeking individuals who are accountable, collaborative, progressive, agile and ethical/values driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.