Payroll Specialist - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Accounting and Finance: Payroll
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all payroll and payroll-related functions for all Houston Dynamo FC entities. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Director of Finance in conjunction with the HR department.
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for employees encompassing four different entities
- Oversee timekeeping entries and approvals for hourly employees in all locations
- Prepare and process multi-state payroll cycles.
- Ensure all payroll taxes are filed and paid timely across multiple jurisdictions
- Track and process commissions, bonuses, taxable benefits, per-diem, and reimbursements
- Prepare and post all payroll entries to the general ledger.
- Manage all aspects of the W-2 generation and distribution process
- Process new hire paperwork and maintain employee files in a confidential manner
- Ensure compliance with payroll and employment laws, rules, and regulations and keep up to date with developments in these areas
- Manage and/or assist with annual HR compliance requirements (including 1094/1095 C documents and 5500 Questionnaire)
- Responsible for administration and reporting related to 401(k) and Workers’ Comp
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to be organized and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact professionally with internal customers.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 – 5 years of relevant payroll experience
- Experience in the sports and entertainment industry a plus
- Experience with UltiPro payroll processing software a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software a plus
Licenses or certificates:
- Certified Payroll Professional status preferred.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to this position's successful performance. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the facility's business needs.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.