The Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting soccer participation and growth in Houston, TX and beyond. The Club’s brands include men's and women's professional teams - the Houston Dynamo (MLS) and Houston Dash (NWSL), a development academy, Houston Dynamo Dash Charities, as well as Shell Energy Stadium and Houston Sports Park.
The Club has a rich history, including MLS Cup titles (2006, 2007) and in-season tournament championships for both the Dynamo (2018) and Dash (2020) and is focused on building toward the next championships, inspiring and uniting the city of Houston through the sport of soccer and community outreach, and creating the most inclusive sporting experience and diverse fan base in the city and state.
Purpose of the Job
This role is responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining a positive working relationship with new and existing corporate sponsors and to consistently deliver quality and superior service in every area of the partnership, creating a lasting connection between sponsor Houston Dynamo FC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the execution and fulfillment of all partner contractual elements to include print, digital, media and marketing requirements, in-stadium, community and special event coordination.
- Activates all sponsor elements at Shell Energy Stadium, HSP training facility, and community events.
- Maximizes Dynamo FC and Dash marketing initiatives by utilizing sponsor assets and support.
- Leads in the planning and execution of programs and initiatives that contribute to sponsorship growth and retention.
- Communicates effectively and regularly with all necessary internal departments to ensure all sponsorship driven elements or programs are communicated and executed successfully.
- Oversees and plans sponsor events.
- Serves as the account manager and primary contact to designated clients.
- Identifies areas of improvement or continued growth and success for the client, with the ultimate goal of maximizing the highest level of partner renewals and upsells.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all clients and vendors.
- Ensures every partner receives exceptional service with personal attention to detail.
- Anticipates problems and determines appropriate solutions for the client and the company.
- Communicates and follows up with outstanding elements, deadlines, requests, etc., daily.
- Works closely with marketing and community relations on the inclusion of clients in necessary creative and promotional opportunities.
- Communicates regularly with the marketing department for the fulfillment of all Dynamo FC and Dash player appearances, autograph donation requests, etc.
- Assists in the coordination, set up and execution of all in-stadium promotions including but not limited to: partner title nights, pre-game and half-time on-field activities, client hospitality nights and any other sponsor related activity or initiative.
- Oversees the mid-season and year-end “recap reports” for clients; these reports will compile details of the contract deliverables provided as well as additional exposure received; offering a valuable ROI review for partners.
- Masters use of sponsorship CRM system (Salesforce) for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time sports marketing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of B2B or Sponsorship Services.
- Proven experience managing cross-functional projects.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be available for home games, as well as sponsor and team-related events and appearances.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays when necessary.
- Occasionally responsible for physical set up and break down of sponsorship related inventory in-stadium.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes
- Ability to strive in high-pressure environment.
- Passionate about the job and the organization.
- Self-driven and inspired; takes initiative and delivers results.
- Able to leverages knowledge and insights to achieve higher levels of performance and productivity.
- Visibly demonstrates character, work ethic and vision; has ability to positively influence others.
- Structured and organized and utilizes time effectively.
- Delivers written and verbal messages in a clear and concise fashion.
- Recognizes issues and takes action to proactively resolve.
- Takes ownership for areas of responsibility and associated business results.
- Works well with all departments and is open to creative suggestions.
- Maintains Organizational Core Competencies.
Organizational Core Competencies
- Accountable – Holds themselves (and when appropriate others) accountable for achieving goals and objectives.
Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes.
Progressive – Open minded, accepting, creative, and innovative in approach.
Values Driven – Being ethical in decision making and operating with professional integrity.
Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment. Ability to handle ambiguity.
Diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome, and the Club seeks individuals passionate about sport, inspiring the city and devoted to the organization's growth. While duties and responsibilities vary across positions, we are seeking individuals who are accountable, collaborative, progressive, agile and ethical/values driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.