Houston Dynamo and Dash Youth Programs provide a variety of year-round camps and training programs that allow coed players of all ages and abilities to discover the game of soccer under the close supervision of our experienced staff. Our programs develop technical and tactical skills on the field and teach positive character traits that will encourage players to aspire toward success off the field.
The Houston Dynamo & Dash Youth Programs are looking for part-time youth soccer coaches to assist in providing their coaching knowledge and experience to our various youth programs and initiatives; while helping to develop, educate, and grow the game of soccer in the community. The individual will work closely with our staff and be expected to: learn and implement our game model, set up/pick up equipment for camps or training programs, assist the lead coach, as well as the additional responsibilities listed below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help lead coach to provide coaching and positive feedback to players.
- Understand the topic for each session and be prepared to provide proper coaching points.
- Assist site director in setting up camp and closing camp each day.
- Help with registration and check-in.
- Organize session (cones, balls, pennies).
- Help organize the youth players with the coaching staff.
- Implement the Houston Dynamo & Dash curriculum and methodology.
- Carry out the curriculum and explain it to coaches and players.
- Comfortable coaching a variety of ages as grassroots level.
- Must be able to effectively demonstrate soccer specific technical abilities.
- High school/College playing experience- preferred.
- 2 years of coaching experience within youth soccer.
- USSF Grassroots coaching qualifications preferred; however, relevant playing experience may be acceptable.
- 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment.
- Must be flexible to work mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation.
- CPR/First Aid certification strongly preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, and hardworking.
- Bring energy, excitement, and fun to build a love of the sport of soccer.
- Build positive and energizing working relationships with players, club volunteer coaches, and parents.
- Must uphold the Houston Dynamo & Dash values and represent the club and brand in a positive way.
- Must have strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must have strong people and relationship building skills to connect with players, club coaches and parents.
- Must possess a strong desire to grow soccer from a grassroots level.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and love for the game.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.