The Houston Dynamo Football Club (HDFC) is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting soccer participation and growth in Houston, TX and beyond. The Club’s brands include men's and women's professional teams - the Houston Dynamo (MLS) and Houston Dash (NWSL), a development academy, Houston Dynamo Dash Charities, as well as Shell Energy Stadium and Houston Sports Park.
The Club has a rich history, including MLS Cup titles (2006, 2007) and in-season tournament championships for both the Dynamo (2018) and Dash (2020) and is focused on building toward the next championships, inspiring and uniting the city of Houston through the sport of soccer and community outreach, and creating the most inclusive sporting experience and diverse fan base in the city and state.
Purpose of the Job
This role will be responsible for producing new Full Season and Half Season Memberships, individual-match Hospitality Spaces, and Group Tickets for both teams. A successful account executive will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at pursuing leads, building relationships, and closing deals. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets or exceeds weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and service.
- Generates, develops, and maintains new and ongoing and sales relationships by executing leads, pipeline planning, and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential sales outlets.
- Identifies appropriate prospects, sets appointments, makes effective qualifying sales calls, and manages sales cycle to close new business.
- Develops and attains personal strategies, procedures, and goals to increase sales while committing to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices.
- Prepares and delivers proposals and presentations to prospective clients by means of stadium tours, office visits, and/or virtual meetings.
- Collaborates effectively with other members of the team to enhance the Ticketing culture and camaraderie.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Required
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience – Required
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, and other computer skills – Required
- Ticketing system experience, SeatGeek – Preferred
- CRM experience, SalesForce – Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and maintain deadlines in a high-paced environment.
- Must have high-level interpersonal skills to communicate in face-to-face situations.
- Strong teamwork aptitude, organizational skills, and customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must exhibit a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Candidates must exhibit a positive outlook that values customer service.
- Maintains Organizational Core Competencies.
Organizational Core Competencies
Accountable – Holds themselves (and when appropriate others) accountable for achieving goals and objectives.
Collaborative – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational outcomes.
Progressive – Open minded, accepting, creative, and innovative in approach.
Values Driven – Being ethical in decision making and operating with professional integrity.
Agile – Achieves personal and organizational success within a changing, dynamic and complex environment. Ability to handle ambiguity.
Diverse candidates of all backgrounds are welcome, and the Club seeks individuals passionate about sport, inspiring the city and devoted to the organization's growth. While duties and responsibilities vary across positions, we are seeking individuals who are accountable, collaborative, progressive, agile and ethical/values driven.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.