Manager, Youth Sports and Group Sales - Houston Dynamo FC
Houston Dynamo FC Jobs
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for highly motivated and energetic professional to join the Ticket Sales leadership team as the Manager, Youth Sports and Group Sales. The Manager, Youth Sports and Group Sales will be focused on leading, coaching and contributing to the overall ticket sales effort for the organization while overseeing the daily results of the Group Event Specialists Account Executives in generating revenue through the sale of Group Tickets to various clubs, schools, and organizations, etc. in the Houston community, along with the ability to cross-sell other products such as Season Memberships and Premium Hospitality areas at PNC Stadium.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing salespeople and a solid foundation of sales training while possessing the ability to create new innovative programs to drive Group Ticket Revenue for the organization.
Lastly, we seek to perform at the highest level every day from a professional and personal perspective. The ideal candidate will also have to align with our Revenue Team Core Values, which are the following:
- Difference maker
- Positive attitude
- Hard work
- Growth mode
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day-to-day leadership of Group Event Specialist team focused on selling group tickets as well as other Houston Dynamo FC and Dash Ticketing Products
- Track and execute against a business plan developed, in conjunction with the Dynamo and Dash Ticketing Leadership, to drive new group sales and maintain/grow current group ticket base
- Working with a team of Group Event Specialists to maximize Large Group Ticket Initiatives strategy and execution
- Organize, promote, and facilitate revenue-generating programs encompassing Youth Soccer to Adult Soccer: Youth Clubs, Recreational Leagues, Elementary Programming, Middle School, High School, Colleges, Camps, Clinics and Tournaments
- Recruit, hire, and train the Houston Dynamo FC and Dash Group Events Specialists
- Teach, model, and reinforce sales process to staff on a consistent basis with a current and in-depth strategy to generate ticket sales
- Conducts ongoing coaching/development with each representative on a consistent basis to discuss personal updates, goal pacing, and training needs
- Monitor attitude and effort-based goals (calls completed, meeting set, etc.)
- Manage game day sales staff and fan experiences to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assist with numerous in-season and off-season sales events to drive group revenue
- Create and implement a comprehensive plan to identify group categories and prospects
- Maintain customer database and assist in facilitating communication of marketing efforts
- Attending chamber of commerce meetings, business related networking functions.
- Work all Dynamo FC and Dash match days including Stadium events to be assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Leadership Team
- Minimum of 2+ years professional experience within sports sales, group ticket sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Passion for sales and the leading, training and development of a sales team
- Goal oriented and a creative self-starter
- Familiarity with Club/Youth Soccer landscape is a plus
- Knowledge of fiscal management
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Track record of setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups
- The ability to handle multiple projects at one time and provide reports and summaries as directed
- Experience with Salesforce CRM Database and SeatGeek ticketing software is a plus
- The candidate must be fluent in English and possess a basic understanding of Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook
- Knowledge of the local market helpful
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus, but not necessary
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?