Manager, Group Sales - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Houston Dynamo FC and Dash are seeking a highly motivated and energetic professional to join the Ticket Sales leadership team as the Manager of Group Ticket Sales. The Manager of Group Sales is focused on leading, coaching and contributing to the overall ticket sales effort for the organization while overseeing the daily results of the Account Executives – Group Event Specialists as well as generating revenue through the sale of Group Tickets to various organizations in the Houston community, along with the ability to cross-sell other products such as Season Memberships and Premium Hospitality areas at BBVA Stadium.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing salespeople and a solid foundation of sales training while possessing the ability to initiate phone calls, face-to-face appointments and create new innovative programs to drive Group Ticket Revenue for the organization.
Lastly, we seek to perform at the highest level every day from a professional and personal perspective. The ideal candidate will also have to align with our Revenue Team Core Values, which are the following:
- Difference maker
- Positive attitude
- Hard work
- Growth mode
- Day-to-day leadership of Group Event Specialist team focused on selling group tickets as well as other Houston Dynamo FC and Dash Ticketing Products
- Track and execute against a business plan developed, in conjunction with the Sr. Manager of Group Sales, to drive new group sales and maintain/grow current group ticket base
- Working with a team of Group Event Specialists to maximize Large Group Ticket Initiatives strategy and execution
- Recruit, hire, and train the Houston Dynamo FC and Dash Group Events Specialists
- Teach, model, and reinforce sales process to staff on a consistent basis with a current and in-depth strategy to generate ticket sales
- Conducts ongoing coaching/development with each representative on a consistent basis to discuss personal updates, goal pacing, and training needs
- Monitor attitude and effort-based goals (calls completed, meeting set, etc.)
- Manage game day sales staff and fan experiences to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assist with numerous in-season and off-season sales events to drive group revenue
- Create and implement a comprehensive plan to identify group categories and prospects
- Maintain customer database and assist in facilitating communication of marketing efforts
- Selling of group hospitality tickets to private businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Selling of new Season Memberships and Partial Plan packages to private local, regional, and national businesses with operations in the Houston area.
- Selling of BBVA stadium events including but not limited to – International Soccer, Rugby, and concerts.
- Attending chamber of commerce meetings, business related networking functions.
- Perform basic office functions and sales and service activities to achieve a personal and departmental sales quota.
- Work all Dynamo FC and Dash match days including Stadium events to be assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager of Group Sales
Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for sales and the leading, training and development of a sales team
- Goal oriented and a creative self-starter
- Knowledge of fiscal management.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Track record of setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups
- The ability to handle multiple projects at one time and provide reports and summaries as directed
- Experience with Salesforce CRM Database and SeatGeek ticketing software is a plus
- The candidate must be fluent in English and possess a basic understanding of Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook. Knowledge of the local market helpful.
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 3+ years professional experience within sports ticket sales preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.