Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for Dynamo 2 Assistant Coach. This is an important position within our growing infrastructure with the primary role to oversee the development of young players within Dynamo 2. This is a position that requires a passion for on and off the field development. This position requires collaboration and expertise that can support, track, and improve the individual levels for players within the club’s programming
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) On Field Coaching:
- Attend all Team training sessions
- Assist Head Coach with individual and group instruction; and
- Coordinate individual training for young players after group training sessions.
2) Coaches Meeting
- Attend all daily coaches meetings
- Assist the preparation of the team training sessions
- Review Previous Team game and training sessions; and
- Assist Head Coach & Assistant GM in supervision and coordination of the recruiting process
- Acquire information of key players; and
- Assist the Head Coach & Assistant GM in reviewing of videos.
4) Game Administration:
- Help in preparing pre-game meetings; and
- Gather information from players and give input related to travel, pre-game meals, and lodging.
- Maintain day to day integrity of the program.
- Coordinate with staff (pre-season)
- Participate in pre-season meeting schedule; and
- Assist in training schedule.
- Interact with local soccer community
- Making public appearances and participating in promotional and sponsorship activities on behalf of the Team (and its sponsors) as are reasonable in light of Employee’s position as Assistant Coach without additional compensation; and
- Involve players with community outreach activities.
8) Video Analysis:
- Editing of all team video for tactical meetings
- Responsible for the production of opposition analysis reports for upcoming opponent – highlighting tactical trends, individual tendencies, set piece play and overall strengths and weaknesses
- Compile individual player profile video database to aid in player development
- Production of pre-game, post-game and individual match statistical data and reports
- Use video to analyze training and matches; and
- Prepare individual game and training video edits under the direction of the Head Coach.
9) Other Duties:
- Performing such other duties consistent with the employment as Assistant Coach that may from time to time be reasonably determined as assigned to Employee by the Head Coach & Assistant GM
- USSF B License
- USSF A License Preferred
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong teaching background.
- Strength in methodology, planning and periodization.
- 5-10 years of coaching experience.
- Ability to plan, analyze, and teach developmental concepts to young goalkeepers.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion.
- English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Excels in using video editing software and collecting data through such platforms as Wyscout, Hudl, Sportscode, Coachpaint, Opta, and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- A motivated growth-mindset and life-long learner.
- Passionate, positive, and pro-active about player development.
- A strong work-ethic and ability to plan and reflect on trainings and matches.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive to the nuances of player development.
- Versatility that combines practical on-field experiences and off-field planning.
- Innovativeness and adaptability to stay at the leading edge of player development.
- Cooperative spirit, pro-active collaborator.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and professional environment.
- Intrinsically motivated to progress within the club.
- Desire to continue with coaching education and qualifications.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.