Head of Academy Scouting - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Player Operations: Player Personnel/Scout
Houston Dynamo FC is looking for a full-time candidate to work as an integral member of the Scouting and Recruitment department at the Club at the academy level. The role entails identifying and assessing young aspiring players from all levels/competitions within the US, but with a core focus on players aged 14-23. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a comprehensive scouting network nationally, regionally to help identify young players with talent and developable characteristics to play at the highest levels.
- Continue to solidify and manage the network of Houston based scouts already in the Dynamo system and develop a working relationship with them.
- Have a deep understanding of the US soccer landscape, MLS, USL, Academy and college soccer.
The candidate would be responsible for leading the identification process and reporting from selective areas/competitions using all available tools and resources including the use of data and statistics when available. Some of the key areas/ leagues include:
- MLS U23 League
- MLS Next U15-U19s
- Greater Houston Area Youth Leagues/ Houston Dynamo Catalyst program
- Houston Dynamo homegrown territory’s youth leagues.
- USL League 1& 2
- USL Championship
- Create and maintain depth charts for the MLS Next teams of the different corresponding age groups as best as possible.
- Create depth charts and reports for all national team camp’s players of the different ages (U15-U20) with particular emphasis on players from our homegrown territory and green (unaffiliated) territories.
- To produce content and lead scouting meetings with the Head of Recruitment and Academy staff and to share scouting updates of all activity and targeted players. The content created will entail working with the Academy video analyst to produce Houston Dynamo player profiles and reports created by the Head of Recruitment.
- To maintain a working knowledge of all players who have previously been signed/ registered with the Academy.
- To maintain and submit accurate and detailed records of all matches attended and players scouted.
- Help manage and oversee the Academy homestay program and the corresponding communication with players' parents/guardians.
- To attend Academy training and team matches to maintain a knowledge of the standards of players required to improve the Academy playing squads.
- Attend live fixtures and complete video assessments using own initiative and at the request of the Director of recruitment. To assist in 1st team related Recruitment tasks on request.
- To organize and execute player ID camps days on a seasonal basis, designed to involve significant numbers of young player invitees and to ensure all clubs and schools within their local area aware of and submit recommendations for them.
- To ensure the necessary forms have been completed and information collated on all potential player recruits in order that they can be registered correctly and in a timely manner.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Head of Recruitment
- Academy Director
- Academy Coaching Staff
- Demonstrable proven experience (ideally at least 2 years) working within a professional football recruitment department specializing in ages 15-23 within the US.
- Proficient in the use of football recruitment video platforms and data resources
- Good IT Skills
- Good contacts / network within football with agents, club representatives.
- Growth mindset (ability to retroactively develop scouting/ analysis skills and knowledge)
- Ideally proficient in English and Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.