The Houston Dynamo Football Club is seeking candidates with an interest in sports communications, public relations, writing and editing to join the team as a game day communications intern. The candidates will assist with various Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash game day media operations tasks such as conducting interviews, transcribing quotes, serving as a photo marshal and press box set up. In addition, this role will support the public relations staff with media relations, soccer communications and player relations matters.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes members of the media by greeting and assisting them in during their visit to Shell Energy Stadium, Houston Sports Park or other venues, as needed.
- Assist in game day set up and the distribution of photo bibs and game day collateral, such as line ups and statistics.
- Assist in the set-up of broadcast location, media press box and workroom, post-game conference area.
- Assist with game day presentation and other activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate, currently enrolled at university or college, majoring in communications, public relations, journalism, sports management or relevant concentration
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate professional acumen across the responsibilities of the position, including attire and grooming, speaking and writing skills, engagement with Club and team executives, players, media, partners and other stakeholders
- High school diploma/degree
- Ability to work evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Interested in sports writing and public relations; ability to communicate (writing and verbal) efficiently and effectively
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.