Director Ticket Operations with Houston Dynamo in Houston · TX
Houston Dynamo jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Operations: Box Office Management
As a member of the Forever Orange LLC, the Houston Dynamo, are currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate self-starter to lead their Ticket Operations team.
The Director of Ticket Operations oversees all aspects of ticket operations, ticket sales, and box office management for BBVA Stadium, Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, TSU, and additional third-party events.
- Oversee Ticket Operations in all aspects and represent the department within the organization.
- Manages Ticket Operations team and direct reports to ensure completion of department goals.
- Oversee the execution of ticketing platform in all aspects, including implementation, access control, and public launch.
- Manage and assist with the event build, maintenance, management, and Box Office settlement.
- Manage day-to-day operational needs of the Box Office, including scheduling of window sales staff and delegating daily tasks amongst other management staff.
- Oversee the support of all other ticketed events taking place at Forever Orange LLC including, but not limited to, Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, concerts, college sports, etc.
- Acts as the liaison between promoting entities, ticket service providers and Forever Orange LLC management, ensuring that accurate information is disseminated, and events go on sale as intended for concerts and non-team events at BBVA Stadium
- Collaborate closely with other departments (Finance, Ticket Sales and Service, Stadium Operations, and others) on best practices and policies.
- Directs the creation of concerts and non-team events using ticketing system and the administration of all holds, seat kills, processing of internal/VIP ticket requests, house ticket requests, promoter ticket requests, etc.
- Supervises and delegates to other ticket operations management the daily activities of the part-time ticket sellers during events and trains and schedules all event ticket sales and will call staff.
- Prepares ticket window stations prior to box office opening for events to include logging into computers, providing adequate change for cash drawers, making changes to signage, etc.
- Supervises the reconciliation of window sales receipts, prepares ticket window expense reports, and attendance drop counts at the conclusion of each event.
- Coordinates with the premium services department to ensure that suites, club seats, and suite relocate tickets are evaluated for each event and processed in a timely manner.
- Provides settlement documentation (including event sales audit, complimentary ticket recap report, receivables report, and scanned ticket count) to the Forever Orange LLC accounting department at the conclusion of the event to ensure quick and accurate event settlement.
- Review and perform balancing, depositing and reporting of daily ticket office receipts, as required.
- Creates and distribute sales reports to promoters on an as-needed basis.
- Event management duties (approximately 45 events annually).
- Resolves customer service issues, processes mail orders for events and facilitates seat relocates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years Even Ticket Operations experience
- Detailed knowledge of computerized ticket sales and box office operations, SeatGeek and AXS experience highly preferred
- Significant relevant ticket office operations experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to successfully communicate with the public, employees and vendors using verbal and written skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing and coordinating multi-faceted event plans and problem-solving issues.
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel and detail oriented with strong numeric skills.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred but not required
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays.
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, those outlined above. All duties and requirements are essential job functions and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It is the employer’s discretion to add or change the duties or requirements of this position at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?