Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis - Team Operations and Compliance Position. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and work closely with the Houston Dynamo FC General Manager and Houston Dash General Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and maintain accurate analysis of budgets and forecasts for the Houston Dynamo FC, Houston Dash, Houston Dynamo 2, and MLS Next team operations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the technical staff to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions
- Facilitate strategic planning around team-related expenses
- Understand and assist with tracking player salary budgets and allocation funds for MLS, NWSL, and MLS Next Pro
- Assist with tracking player transfer fees and contingent fees
- Track and submit team related payroll items to the MLS and NWSL
- Own the club-wide merchandise ordering process from a financial perspective
- Assist with financial reconciliations as part of the monthly close process
- Ensure department policies & procedures are followed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with formal budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Experience in sports and/or arena management industry a major plus.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well with management-level peers.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of handling all aspects of the budgeting and forecasting cycle and principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.