Director of Event Services - Houston Dynamo FC (Houston · TX)
Houston Dynamo FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
The Director of Event Services is the key liaison between external clients and partners along with internal departments. They are responsible for all events including but not limited to Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, Texas Southern University Football, Concerts and International Soccer. The Director of Event Services leads the Events and Guest Services Departments at PNC Stadium in Houston, Texas. This position reports to the Vice President/Assistant General Manager.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Events and Guest Experience departments which currently includes 2 full-time managers and a full-time coordinator
- Create and manage department budgets along with individual event budgets
- Manage relationships and contracts with Stadium service providers
- Serve as the central point of contact for clients utilizing the facility
- Oversee the creation and presentation of stadium training programs to game day staff
- Point of contact for both MLS and NWSL Soccer Operations
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and Code compliance for the operation of the facility
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High school diploma required
- College degree in Communications, Business or Marketing preferred
- 5-6 years of increasingly responsible experience in planning and managing special events, preferably sports teams, concerts and other live entertainment events
- Previous experience at a high-profile sports/theatre/ any other entertainment venue strongly preferred
- Experience with CAD preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be highly organized, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to operate within designated budget
- Exceptional guest and client service capabilities
- Enterprising and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment and constant deadlines
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
*Houston Dynamo FC has recently implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are legally authorized to work in the U.S.?