Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Account Executive, Group Sales with Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium in Houston, TX
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Stadium jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston, TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Houston market is ever-evolving and one of the most diverse in the entire country. The goal of the Account Executive, Group Sales will be to generate revenue through the sale of Group Tickets through various organizations in the Houston community, along with the ability to cross-sell other products such as Season Memberships and Premium Hospitality areas at BBVA Stadium.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of one (1) year experience in sales and a solid foundation of sales training. Ideal candidates will have the ability to initiate phone calls, face-to-face appointments, email and create new innovative programs to drive Group Ticket Revenue for the organization. This role is a full-time position with benefits and will report to the Sr. Manager of Group Sales
- Focus on primary goal of selling Group Tickets for Houston Dynamo and Dash games to both businesses and the general public
- Generate leads via prospecting, networking, attending chamber of commerce meetings, cold calls, business related networking functions and Houston Dynamo and Dash games and other Forever Orange related business events
- Provide Daily and Weekly activity summaries as outlined by the Manager of Group Sales.
- Meet all predetermined activity and sales goals
- Assist with other group ticket sales duties, as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
Education and Experience:
- Passion for sales, sports and creativity
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business management, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of sales experience, preferably in Sports Ticket Sales
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Track record of sales success and appointment setting with key Corporate and Non-Profit decision makers
- Ability to multitask, while being able to provide reports and summaries as directed
- Experience with database marketing and CRM program software
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays as necessary
- Ability to adopt in a fast pace and consistently changing environment
- Desire to be a sales industry leader
- Open to learning/training
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?