Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Account Executive, Group Sales
Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Compass Stadium
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The Houston market is ever-evolving and one of the most diverse in the entire country. The goal of the Account Executive, Group Sales will be to generate revenue through the sale of Group Tickets through various organizations in the Houston community, along with the ability to cross-sell other products such as Season Memberships and Premium Hospitality areas at BBVA Compass Stadium.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of one (1) year experience in sales and a solid foundation of sales training. Ideal candidates will have the ability to initiate phone calls, face-to-face appointments, email and create new innovative programs to drive Group Ticket Revenue for the organization. This role is a full-time position with benefits.
- Paid Holidays &Vacations
- Paid SickLeave
Work closely with the Manager of Group Sales to maximize sales of Group Ticket, Season Memberships and Partial Plans for the Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash. The Account Executive, Group Sales is responsible for primarily selling Group and Hospitality Tickets with a secondary focus on season memberships and partial plans through cold-calling, utilizing the clubs various prospecting tools and contact management software to create and manage effective revenue yielding relationships with various organizations within the private and public sectors.
- Focus on primary goal of selling Group Tickets for Houston Dynamo and Dash games to both businesses and the general public.
- Generate leads via prospecting, networking, attending chamber of commerce meetings, cold calls, business related networking functions and Houston Dynamo and Dash games and otherForever Orange related business events.
- Provide Daily and Weekly activity summaries as outlined by the Manager of Group Sales.
- Meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
- Assist with other group ticket sales duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for sales, sports and creativity
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, business management, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of sales experience, preferably in Sports Ticket Sales
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Track record of sales success and appointment setting with key Corporate and Non-Profit decision makers
- Ability to multitask, while being able to provide reports and summaries as directed
- Experience with database marketing and CRM program software
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays as necessary
- Ability to adopt in a fast pace and consistently changing environment
- Desire to be a sales industry leader
- Open to learning/training
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?