Academy Athletic Trainer - Houston Dynamo FC
Houston Dynamo FC Jobs
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for a Certified Athletic Trainer, primary responsibility for coverage of the Houston Dynamo FC Academy teams. Performs as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of the Houston Dynamo FC Academy players as a member of the Houston Dynamo FC sports medicine staff. Health care included but is not limited to: first aid/emergency care, injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, and making medical referrals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs as a certified athletic trainer in assisting in the management of the health care of the Dynamo Academy athletes. Health care includes, but is not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, assisting in rehabilitation and prevention programs, pre- and post-training treatments, taping athletes
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Houston Dynamo medical staff; he or she reports directly to the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with sports medicine staff, performance staff, and physicians (as needed) daily about athletes’ physical limitations, modifications, return to play protocols, and precautions to ensure safe and effective training at the highest level
- Helps maintain a complete up to date roster of player health and participation records
- Maintain medical supplies inventory at Houston Sports Park
- Assist in documentation and filing medical information
- Keep the athletic training room clean, organized, and safe
- Assist in coverage of Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dynamo Academy FC practices/games
- Comply with all Forever Orange, LLC, US Soccer, and Major League Soccer medical policies and protocols
- Comply with OSHA standards with regards to blood borne pathogens
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Some travel may be assigned as required
- Regular attendance and hours in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Houston Dynamo FC from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the team needs including working game nights.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Athletic Training curriculum from a CAATE accredited school
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- Texas ATC State Licensure Required or eligible to obtain
- Current professional CPR/AED Certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Valid driver’s license /reliable transportation required
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Must be punctual and accountable every day
- Must be trustworthy and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work well within the group environment
- The ability to multitask and complete multiple jobs at once
- The ability to remain calm during stressful or complicated situations
- Willingness to learn from a wide variety of medical professionals
- Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and project a professional attitude
- Proactive and able to function independently
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, have attention to detail, show initiative, and possess leadership characteristics
- Ability to communicate with medical, performance, technical, equipment, and administrative staff
- Requires weekend and holiday work, 40+ hours/week, and exposure to all kinds of weather
- A work history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluation
- Proficiency in Spanish and previous coverage of soccer is a plus
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Houston Dynamo FC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Please note that reasonable accommodations will be considered if you have a qualifying medical condition that is a contraindication to vaccination or you object to vaccination on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices.
Are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?