Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Street Team with D.C. United in Washington · DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
The D.C. United Street Team represents D.C. United across a variety of consumer engagements; the street team are some of the most outwardly facing members of our sporting community. Through active fan engagement, they help provide memorable experiences to D.C. United supporters across the DMV and at each home match. Members will be asked to represent and promote D.C. United at weekly events with the goal of enhancing the fan experience through positive, energetic fan interaction. These events include, but are not limited to; home games, special events, sports tournaments, partner appearances, festivals, etc.
- Implement event load-in and load-out as well as game day load-in and load-out.
- Execute all operational and events tasks outlined on the Activation list for each event.
- Interact with event attendees by handing out premium items, answering questions about D.C. United and Audi Field, while providing an overall pleasant experience for each patron.
- Engage and interact with fans in approachable and professional fashion.
- Provide excellent communication with D.C. United staff through constant communication and active reporting of events.
- Team members will also be responsible for fan engagement and data collection at each event as well as assisting with other tasks as assigned by Experiential Marketing and Events Coordinator.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- The ideal candidates will reside locally and can begin work and training in January 2020. There are no guaranteed number of hours per week, scheduling is set on an as needed event/game basis. The opportunity is expected to last up to one year. Applicants must also be prepared to step into the mascot suit when needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs frequently; requires prolonged standing.
- Required to travel frequently, bulk of travel is within the DMV area.
- Hard working, detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and effectively solve problems in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be a team player and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Possess excellent communication and customer-service skills.
- Must be dependable, willing to take initiative and adapt to a variety of situations.
- Previous marketing/promotional/event experience preferred.
- Must be able to work home games, nights/weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions.
- Must be passionate about D.C. United and/or have a willingness to learn about the organization.
- This list of position functions is not all-inclusive and may be supplemented or modified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?