Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sales Associate: Spring 2018
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
POSITION SUMMARY:The D.C. United sales and service team seeks motivated and passionate individuals looking to start a career in sport sales. Selected candidates will receive intensive sales training on the 6 Step Process and relationship based selling to assist in the sales of our new,state-of-the-art $300 million dollar, soccer-specific stadium, Audi Field. Ideal candidates aregreat teammates, hard-working, competitive, internally motivated and willing to learn.The program runs for a minimum of three months and maximum of eleven months, with monthly performance evaluations.Candidates who exceed expectations will be considered for full-time openings with D.C. United as they become available. There is no guarantee of full-time employment upon completion of this program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate ticket sales revenue with a primary focus on selling full season memberships with the opportunity to sell full menu
- Build relationships through a high level of outbound phone calls and face to face appointments
- Conduct face to face appointments at our Audi Field Preview Center for fans using augmented reality, 3-D models and touch-screen technology
- Proactively seek new business through referrals and current clients
- Participate in Sales Mentorship Program with full time members of the D.C. United sales staff
- Exceed defined sales, outbound activity and appointment goals
- Be a positive influence within our department, our club and our community
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing, or related field
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn in a fast paced, competitive, team environment
- A passion to be the best and to bring the best out of their teammates
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekends
- A passion to grow a career as a sales professional in the sport industry
- Motivated self-starter with a contagiously positive attitude and leadership qualities
- Bilingual (Spanish) language skills a plus but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
1. Are you available to work evenings during the week (Monday-Friday) and during the day on Saturdays?