Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Corporate Communications Manager with D.C. United in Washington, DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington, DC
Communications/Community Relations: Corporate Communications
Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Events, the Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for the growth of D.C. United and the Audi Field brand. You’ll work to grow our reputation in the industry as an innovative entertainment business. This position is responsible for implementing a corporate communication strategy, creating and pitching content, building and maintaining media relationships.
- Work alongside the VP of Marketing and Events to create, manage and execute proactive communication plans to bring awareness to both Audi Field and D.C. United as business entities.
- Implement reputation management strategies on behalf of our venue (Audi Field) and our growing book of business.
- Audi Field venue communications including, but not limited to press releases, press conference set up, issue management, pitching stories, managing media relations.
- Responsible for creating both internal and external corporate communication deliverables including press releases, fact sheets, media plans, media kits and advisories, etc.
- Responsible for developing and executing our communications plan for the neighborhood and the District.
- Manage and implement influencer marketing program
- Creating and nurturing positive relationships with local, regional and national media.
- Prepares and works across departments to create corporate assets (fact sheets, white papers, presentations) for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations/Corporate Communications
- 2-4 years of experience in corporate communication or marketing setting
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and initiate proactive communication strategy
- Understand the current media landscape and how digital/social has altered how news gets delivered
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Demonstrate relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Positive attitude and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work without much supervision
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creativity in solving complex issues
- Ability to self-prioritize tasks to achieve business goals and objectives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?