Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 Seasonal Social & Digital Media Intern with D.C. United in Washington · DC
D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · DC
D.C. United is looking for a well-qualified social and digital media intern with working experience in the field. This role will provide a candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s digital media, fan engagement, revenue and brand growth goals while gaining experience and learning new skills in a fast-paced sports environment. Candidates must be able to contribute up to 30 hours per week and be available on nights, weekends and to attend all home games.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Social and Digital Media Manager in creation and development of content to distribute across all social media platforms.
- Capture content using mobile device or camera at games, practice, team activities, video shoots and select events for usage on social platforms.
- Ownership of Snapchat and TikTok account.
- Assist in covering all events on Audi Field channels.
- Assist in researching, ideation and content planning, programming and asset collection for team and player social media.
- Support social media team with messaging, customer service and weekly/monthly reporting responsibilities to partnership team.
- Monitor and engage communication with fans across all social media platforms in real time.
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, social media or related field plus on the job social media experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube also must have a pulse on developing trends on social media platforms.
- Strong storytelling/copywriting/copyediting skills.
- Basic knowledge of MLS and the D.C. United.
- Ability to work as a team under tight deadlines.
- Extremely detail oriented.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?