Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Get involved in America's fastest growing sport by joining Major League Soccer or its teams!
If you are interested in working with us at Major League Soccer, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Director of Sports Medicine
Columbus Crew SC (Soccer Club) is the first club in Major League Soccer and in 2015, Crew SC was crowned MLS Eastern Conference Champions in the organization’s 20th season. Owned and operated by Precourt Sports Ventures (PSV), it won its first MLS Cup championship in 2008 and also won the 2002 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup as well as MLS Supporters’ Shield titles in 2004, 2008 and 2009. The 2018 campaign is the Black & Gold’s 20th season at historic MAPFRE Stadium -- the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States – where the club set single-season sellout records and hosted the 2015 MLS Cup. The club was purchased by PSV on July 29, 2013 as part of the privately held investment and management firm’s sports and entertainment business enterprise.
Columbus Crew SC is seeking to fill the position of Director of Sports Medicine (DSM) to oversee the day to day sports medicine operations for the First Team and Academy. The DSM is a new position within Crew SC and will be an integral part of the High Performance Department. They play a crucial role in implementing our functional performance philosophy throughout the club's sports medicine platform.
We seek a creative mind who has the courage to innovate and try new ideas. We seek an individual who wants to be a part of a truly integrated high performance team, who wants to inspire and be inspired, and who wants to work in an elite high performance environment.
The position is based in Columbus, Ohio and requires extensive domestic travel and occasional international travel. The DSM reports to the High Performance Director and Head Coach/Sporting Director and engages in collaboration with the entire high performance and technical staff.
- Manage all day-to-day sports medicine responsibilities for the first team for all training sessions and match days
- Manage the entire spectrum of rehabilitative needs, including outside consultations, from the acute stages of rehabilitation to the end stages of rehabilitation
- Ensure that the Crew SC High Performance Methodology, as it applies to sports medicine, is implemented throughout the academy at all levels
- Manage all sports medicine and athletic training staff for both the First Team and Academy
- Manage all sports medicine consulting relationships (ie, orthopedists, general physicians, dentists, optometrists, etc...)
- Maintain impeccable medical documentation for all players
- Work closely with data analysts to provide detailed statistics on player availability and injury
- Fulfill all Major League Soccer requirements for sports medicine care
- Maintain an advanced awareness in the latest trends in sports medicine research
- Manage the medical budget for both the First Team and Academy
- Assist the High Performance Director in maintaining a healthy growth mindset within the performance department
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Licensed Physical Therapist in the United States (or international equivalent)
- Preferred in addition, Advanced degree in Athletic Training (or international equivalent)
- Must possess outstanding manual treatment skills
- Advanced knowledge of functional evaluation and rehabilitation of sports injuries
- Preferred - Fellow of Applied Functional Science (FAFS) through the Gray Institute
- Preferred - KMI Structural Integration, Soft Tissue Specialist
- Preferred - Certification in strength and conditioning (CSCS or equivalent)
- Minimum of 8 years of sports medicine experience in a sporting environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a sports medicine director
- Must be a great teammate
- Dynamic and charismatic with player and staff interactions
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate professionalism with both internal and external audiences
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
How did you hear about this job?
Are you a Licensed Physical Therapist in the US (or international equivalent)?