OhioHealth Head Athletic Trainer with Columbus Crew SC in Columbus · OH
Columbus Crew SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Columbus · OH
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
The Head Athletic Trainer (HAT) is the healthcare provider who will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for all first team players of Columbus Crew SC through a contract with OhioHealth. The HAT applies scientific knowledge to provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries. The HAT will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary performance team creating a world class experience. This individual will work under the direction of the Head of Sports Science & Medicine and Chief Medical Office (CMO) of the club as well as the Sports Medicine Manager through OhioHealth. Duties include providing medical care to first team players and technical staff, design and implementation of injury prevention strategies, develop treatment and rehabilitation protocols, keep up to date medical records, and department communication lead for all medical stakeholders.
- Direction and leadership of medical department and all staffing stakeholders including, but not limited to: assistant athletic trainers, massage therapists, interns and other medical consultants.
- Main priority will be first team activities, leadership of department will mean guidance of programming to second team and academy stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Manage healthcare of first team players and technical staff including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, develop and implement rehabilitation and prevention programs, and making appropriate medical referrals.
- Develop and integrate treatment and rehabilitation protocols that align with player first culture.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, and other team personnel and MLS staff.
- Communicate with the other members of the performance department regarding injured and/or rehabilitating players to modify and individualize programs.
- Maintain and work with club and MLS technologies and platforms as required – ex: Sports Office, Kitman Labs, HealtheAthlete
- Maintain up to date player health and participation records through MLS provided electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Electronically document accurate first report of injury, physician diagnosis, player assessments, player treatments, and return to play dates.
- Maintain appropriate pharmaceutical inventory and records.
- Initiate insurance/worker’s compensation claims for players.
- Organize and execute entrance and exit physical examinations as required by the League.
- Creation of weekly/monthly reports for various stakeholders as required.
- Develop resources to support educational efforts regarding player health and safety.
- Remain current with the latest medical scientific research and translate this to policy and practice.
- Order, inventory, and procurement of goods through necessary vendors.
- Comply with all MLS medical policies, protocol and Game Operations Manuals.
- Comply with OSHA standards regarding blood borne pathogens.
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League, the Club, and OhioHealth.
- Work under the direction of the Head of Sports Science & Medicine.
Requirements & Education Experience
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- State of Ohio Athletic Trainer Licensure
- Current CPR certification for Health Care Provider
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- CSCS, PES, LMT preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years Certified Athletic Trainer
- Experience working with elite level athletes
- Soccer experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience working in a cooperative environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage many projects.
- Passionate and enthusiastic manner that has a proven history of motivating professional athletes.
- Fluency in second language preferred (Spanish, Portuguese, or French).
- Computer Skills necessary in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Must be willing to travel for business – weekend work and travel is necessary.
**This position is an employee of OhioHealth and contracted to Columbus Crew SC. Please apply through OhioHealth here: https://ohiohealth.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/OhioHealthJobs/job/Dublin-Health-Center/Senior-Athletic-Trainer_JR39946
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?