Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sponsorship Activation Intern with FC Cincinnati in Cincinnati · OH
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Job Title Sponsorship Activation Intern
About FC Cincinnati
FC Cincinnati is a professional soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer, having entered the league as its 24th team this season. The club’s ownership group is led by managing owners Carl H. Lindner III, Scott Farmer and George Joseph. MLS invited Cincinnati to the league as an expansion team in May 2018, giving the club one of the fastest run-ups to its first-division launch in league history. Originally founded in 2015 by Lindner III and current President Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the USL in 2016. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion, and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads. The team currently plays its home games at the historic Nippert Stadium on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, and has started construction on a $250 million, privately funded, 26,000+ seat soccer-specific stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati that is expected to open in early 2021
The Sponsorship Activation Internship is an unpaid position for the Spring 2020 semester. FC Cincinnati is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter eager to learn the day to day responsibilities associated with sponsorship fulfillment. The Sponsorship Activation Intern will have the primary responsibility of assisting the Sponsorship Fulfillment team with in-office duties, in addition to working all home games and sponsorship events scheduled throughout the semester.
- Assist with gameday preparation and execution of activations
- Assist with day to day functions associated with activations
- Collect, manage, and input materials, photos, data, and files relevant to activations
- Assist in producing recaps that include a detailed summary of activations
- Research and create activation ideas; monitor what other sports are employing
- General administrative duties such as creation of documents, copies, organizational binders, and shipments
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to complete responsibilities with a smile
- Need to be friendly, energetic, and have the ability to interact effectively with all types of people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Knowledge of soccer preferred, but not required
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, lifting up to 20 lbs with or without assistance, etc.
- Flexible schedule – must be able to work in-office, home games, nights, and weekends
- Should be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, non-traditional hours, non-traditional settings
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Sports Management, Marketing, Business, or similar field preferred
- This is an unpaid internship so candidates MUST receive academic credit
- Candidates must have a car, valid driver's license, and valid auto insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you a West End Neighborhood, Cincinnati, OH resident?