Partnerships Activation Intern - FC Cincinnati (Cincinnati · OH)
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Sponsorship Services/Activation
Job Title: Partnerships Activation Intern (January 2022 - May 2022)
Reports to: Manager of Fulfillment
About FC Cincinnati & TQL Stadium
FC Cincinnati is a professional soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer, having entered the league as its 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Carl H. Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. Originally founded in 2015 by Lindner III and current president Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads. FC Cincinnati will open the clubs privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021.
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that will be one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. The $250 million, privately funded stadium will have a 26,000 capacity, with the closest seats within 15 feet of the field. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. Additionally, the team’s famous supporters’ section, The Bailey, will grow to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in the stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field. The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s offices, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. TQL Stadium meets all current requirements to host CONCACAF and FIFA events, featuring top national teams from around the world, including the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, as well as the world’s top club teams for friendlies.
The Partnerships Activation Internship is a paid position to start in January 2022 (approximately) and finish in May 2022 (approximately). FC Cincinnati is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter eager to learn the day-to-day responsibilities associated with Partnership’s fulfillment. The Partnerships Activation Intern will have the primary responsibility of assisting the Partnerships Fulfillment team with in-office duties, in addition to working all home games and events scheduled throughout the semester.
- Assist with game day preparation and execution of activations
- Assist with day-to-day functions associated with activations
- Collect, manage, and input materials, photos, data, and files relevant to activations
- Assist in producing recaps that include a detailed summary of activations
- Research and create activation ideas; monitor what other sports are employing
- General administrative duties such as creation of documents, copies, organizational binders, and shipments
- Prepares post-event report for all assigned events
- Conducts site surveys for future events and attend event related meetings as needed
- Provides general event support for public ticketed events as needed
- Always represent FC Cincinnati and its related affiliates and venues in a professional manner
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Willingness to complete responsibilities while providing unparalleled customer service
- Friendly, energetic, and able to interact effectively with all types of people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks, while prioritizing workload in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Knowledge of soccer preferred, but not required
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to start date
- There are physical requirements to this position including sitting, walking, standing, lifting up to 20 lbs. with or without assistance, etc.
- Flexible schedule – must be able to work in-office, home games, nights, and weekends
- Should be able to work a minimum of 20+ non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Sports Management, Marketing, Business, or similar field preferred.
- This is a paid internship with option to receive academic credit
- Candidates must have a car, valid driver's license, and valid auto insurance
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a current resident of the West End Neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio?
Will you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and be able to provide verification of vaccination prior to your start date?