Sr. Manager Of Social Media with Chicago Fire FC in Chicago · IL
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Marketing: Social Media
Chicago Fire FC is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as International and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
The Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dynamic, creative thinker to oversee the team’s presence across the social media landscape, helping drive deeper, more meaningful connections with fans and the larger Chicago community. This individual will be tasked with the development and implementation of innovative strategy, engaging content, and real-time community management. Alongside the Director of Content, they will identify key performance indicators, set clear objectives, measure performance, and improve results. This position must establish relationships with appropriate personnel in various departments including Marketing, Communications, Football Operations, Corporate Partnerships, Football in the Neighborhood, and more. The ideal candidate will focus on solving problems to build the business of the club using a creative imagination and technical skillset combined with excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the day-to-day posting and community management of the Fire’s official accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Drive the club’s strategy on TikTok and emerging platforms.
- Manage organization, planning and scheduling for all social media platforms.
- Help create innovative, entertaining and original content to accompany original copy across multiple platforms.
- Manage social media campaigns integrated into the club's strategic marketing plans.
- Work to evolve the established voice and tone of the Fire brand to promote positive fan engagement and to drive demand for club content.
- Moderate user-generated content across platforms and engage with followers.
- Stay on top of emerging social media trends and best practices and appropriately integrate new opportunities into the Fire’s social presence.
- Provide social coverage at trainings, on matchdays, at community events and others as needed.
- Assist in execution of paid social media campaigns.
- Assist with strategy for club’s supplementary social media accounts including the Academy, Football in the Neighborhood, Foundation, and Juniors programs.
- Assist with analytics, particularly the tracking of campaigns and sponsorship executions to ensure successful partner-affiliated social media posts and ticket sales promotions.
- Collaborate with creative designers to ensure assets are optimized for maximum performance on individual platforms.
- Help develop ideas to support partnership pitches and renewals with content and design teams.
- Help with various production, website, editing, and design tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferably in marketing, communication or journalism.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience, preferably with a sports property.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms, their unique audiences and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills, including superior attention to detail, a strong handle of grammar, punctuation and voice.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker.
- Team player who strives to help the club achieve key business objectives, including driving value for corporate partners, creating ticket sales opportunities, and promoting broadcast tune-in – while maintaining maximum exposure with minimal invasiveness into fan timelines/feeds.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve, and manage time effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of analytics software, content management systems and SEO tools.
- Ability to strive under pressure and in tight deadlines.
- Proactive thinker who brings creativity to the job every day.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends when needed.
- Ability to take ideas from concept to execution.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Proven experience in collaborating with peers across departments to brainstorm, create and execute on-brand content.
- Demonstrated ability and hands on experience with maintaining website precense including uploading, naming, and publishing content.
- Working knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience in photography both in shooting imagery and providing shot list direction.
- Familiarity with metadata, SEO, file naming and other organizational tools for archiving content.
- Ability to work with athletes to distribute content and grow their social media precence as additional club marketing touchpoints.
- Working knowledge of soccer and familiarity with Major League Soccer.
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.