Manager of Partnership Development - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Business-to-Business Sales
Chicago Fire FC is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as International and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a Manager of Partnership Development to join our team!
The Club's Partnerships Team is responsible for creating comprehensive soccer marketing platforms to reach the objectives and drive ROI for corporate partners. The Partnership Development team is responsible for identifying, prospecting, proposing, and acquiring new partnerships and driving business development for the Club.
The individual hired for this role will be responsible for sales and the development of new corporate partnerships. He/she will identify emerging sponsorship categories, build longstanding relationships across a variety of industries, generate sales leads through networking and research, conduct client presentations, and negotiate contracts to meet and exceed annual revenue goals.
- Sell and develop new corporate partnerships
- Identify emerging sponsorship categories, build longstanding relationships across a variety of industries
- Regularly identify and pursue opportunities that deliver mutual growth for the prospective partner and the Fire organization
- Exhibit a strong understanding of industry trends and competitive landscapes to enable the effective position of partnership opportunities
- Focus on assigned partnership categories which may include, but not limited to financial services (banking, investments, retirement, mortgage, etc.), insurance (property and casualty, life, health, commercial, etc.), telecommunications (wireless, residential and commercial internet, cable, satellite, streaming, etc.) and consumer electronics
- Generate sales leads through networking and research
- Interpret data analytics for sales presentations; leverage this information for partner proposals and pitches
- Regularly conduct cold calls to secure appointments, creating opportunities to sell to new prospects among local and national companies
- Conduct client presentations
- Build and develop specific activation concepts for each prospect to align with brand objectives
- Negotiate contracts to meet and exceed annual revenue goals
- Coordinate any sponsor-related projects as assigned by Senior Director, Partnerships
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work, industry, and partnership development experience
- Sales experience and proven ability to develop new business
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong computer proficiency - MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.