Head Athletic Trainer with Chicago Fire FC in Bridgeview
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeview
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Head Athletic Trainer
Chicago Fire Football Club
Chicago Fire Football Club
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dedicated Head Athletic Trainer to join our team! This individual will be committed to the safety of CFFC’s players and will work with designated medical professionals and the performance team to manage all training needs. In this capacity, the Head Athletic Trainer will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for Player's medical problems. A year round employee, The Athletic Trainer will attend all training, scrimmages, and home/away games. The ideal candidate should be motivated to assist the players and members of the First Team and possess a strong understanding of sports-related injuries and treatments.
- Perform as a Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of players. Health care includes but is not limited to first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Assist and monitor injured players as they heal and progress towards recovery.
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records.
- Remain in compliance with all MLS standards, including compiling reports as required, recording and documenting injured players and player treatments, participating in activities and programs as required by MLS, organizing physical examinations and abiding by all MLS medical policies, protocol and Game Operations Manual.
- Work with the Team Physicians and Performance Director; provide updates on players’ health, seek medical advice and assistance when necessary, and assist with the organization and maintenance of pharmaceutical inventory and records.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as it pertains to information surrounding the players and the Club.
- Supervise assistant trainers, aides, and volunteers.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, other team personnel and MLS staff.
- Participate in community service/educational programs related to sports medicine.
- Keep training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in athletic training from a CAATE recognized school and a valid state license
- CPR Certification for Health Care Provider
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist
- In good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA (or CATA)
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- Prefer certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NEREMT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related health care field required, Master’s Degree in a health-related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of certified Head Athletic Trainer experience in sports environment, preferably with football
- Minimum of 3 years of experience successfully managing Athletic Trainers
- Experience with elite level athletes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?