Head Academy Performance Coach with Chicago Fire FC in Bridgeview · IL
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeview · IL
Player Operations: Soccer - Coach
Chicago Fire Football Operations Job Title: Head Academy Performance Coach
Reports To: Academy Technical Director
The Chicago Fire Football Club expect a highly self-motivated individual who shows initiative and a strong work ethic to install, manage and mentor a long-term sports science program in line with club-wide performance and coaching philosophies. The Academy Head of Sports Science will design and execute the physical preparation (training plans) of all academy players to prepare for competitive game play. This individual will ensure the sports science program is progressively implemented over all age groups to optimize and maximize the physical potential of every academy player to enhance team performances.The below responsibilities include, but are not limited, to academy teams. This individual must be a role model to aspiring performers and staff, and embody the vision, mission, and core values of the Chicago Fire Football Club.
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) alongside the Technical Director, coaching staff, athletic trainers and other support staff to maximize the athletic potential of academy players in line with the club’s philosophy.
- Plan and deliver field and gym based conditioning sessions as well as multi-disciplinary aspects of the training schedule relevant to physical development and performance.
- Plan and deliver testing schedules across the whole academy set up.
- Work alongside coaching staff, athletic trainers and other support staff to identify individual physical needs and implement and deliver physical program as part of every players’ long-term development.
- Lead academy practice and game day warm-up activities.
- Develop football oriented practical solutions based on individual & team data-analysis (GPS, wellness, testing etc.)
- Monitor player nutrition with as guided by the First Team nutritionist.
- Plan and deliver scientifically based optimal recovery strategies post practice and games.
Other Responsibilities, duties to include:
- Record and evidence all sports science provisions.
- Participate in regular continued professional development events with 1st Team & Academy staff.
- ‘Champion the Clubs Duty of Care Responsibilities’: collaborate with staff to ensure a positive and safe development experience for players, staff and families.
- ‘Develop People that Develop Players’: Educate and support coaching staff with the integration of sports science into daily practice sessions.
- ‘Holistic Development of High Performing Athletes’: design, deliver, and evaluate Sports Science programs and develop these areas with an overall aim to improve player performance.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Sport Science or related program.
- Possess (or working towards) a NSCA - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification
- At least 3 years of experience working within the football profession.
- Ability and willingness to work an event driven schedule including weekends, evenings and holiday hours.
- The ability to work independently and in a team/collaborative work environment is required along with strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and planning skills
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Progressions The above the responsibilities are transferable to the 1st team when required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?