Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Fan Experience Internship (Fall 2019) with Chicago Fire Soccer Club in Bridgeview, IL
- Verify that you are eligible to receive school credit before you apply. You must be able to provide a verification letter from the career services or faculty of your learning institution.
- Apply online - we will not accept paper applications. Due to the high volume of candidates, we will not accept calls.
- When applying online, include your cover letter and resume (note: pdf format is best to avoid compatibility issues) Candidates without a cover letter WILL NOT be considered.
- Assist with tracking fan feedback and trends
- Input secret shopper scores and build reports
- Create product knowledge questions for game day staff and quiz during the game
- Compile information for the staff newsletter for each game
- Check operating and cleaning conditions of stadium and suites pre-game and post-game
- Build reports of online customer reviews
- Assist with Employee Recognition program
- Miscellaneous duties may also include:
- Assistance with research projects
- Assistance with various communications efforts
- Assistance with Sales projects and prospecting
- Interns will have substantial interaction with clients and fans, so we expect a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Interns will be expected to work all weekend and weeknight games.
- Game day duties may include distribution of premium items, surveys and/or programs.
- Game day duties may also include working in premium seating areas as well as stadium set-up and tear down
- Interns can expect that some responsibilities will include clerical work, such as filing, data entry, copying and correspondence.
- This position may be required to assist other departments with various projects. Interaction with other departments is highly encouraged as we aim to provide the most comprehensive learning experience for interns.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in another language (Spanish preferred) is helpful.
- Computer savvy with ability to work effectively in all Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop preferred.
- Goal-oriented, ambitious, honest individuals sought with strong work ethic, dedication and strong desire to learn about the sports industry
- Must receive college/university credit. A verification letter will be required from your learning institution.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to receive college credit? Yes or No?
When are you available to start in 2019?
Are you able to work 20+ hours a week? Yes or No?
Are you willing to work some weekends and nights? Yes or No?
Do you have previous customer service experience? If yes, please explain.
How would you describe excellent customer service?