Equipment Manager - Chicago Fire FC (Bridgeview · IL)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeview · IL
Player Operations: Equipment Manager
Chicago Fire FC is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as International and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dedicated Academy Equipment Manager to join our team!
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Equipment Manager is responsible for the logistics of equipment and apparel for players and technical staff for the Academy. This position will work with vendors and partners on clothing and equipment orders. The position will work full time with the U23s as well as oversee equipment duties with the younger teams (U13-17).
- Manage ordering of Adidas YSC for all academy teams & staff
- Manage inventory & distribution of Adidas YSC for the U23s (January) and U13-17 (June/July)
- Liaise with First Team equipment manager as needed
- Support medical staff with training and game day setup as needed
- Order & distribute boot drops throughout the year for all teams
- Decide which shirts and clothes are worn for training & games
- Learn & adhere to all league and sponsor guidelines to ensure that the Club is represented in a professional manner
- Responsible for the day-to-day logistics of equipment used in training or games
- Pack equipment for road trips
- Gameday responsibilities include the following:
- Set up the Club’s locker room in a consistent and organized manner
- Ensure all required equipment is available and to a professional standard
- Maintain professionalism with visiting teams and other departments
- Operate drone for training sessions as needed
- Minimum high school diploma with bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability and willingness to work an event driven schedule including weekends, evenings, and some holiday hours
- Practical experience working with a heat press for screening and customizing apparel
- Previous experience with a professional sports team preferred
- Experience working with apparel provider preferred
- The ability to work independently and in a team/collaborative work environment is required along with strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and planning skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills required
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in the use of computers, basic software, and experience with the Microsoft Office suite
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.