Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Graphic Designer with Austin FC in Austin, TX
Austin FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Austin, TX
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,000-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a creative and passionate Graphic Designer to create unique content, generate brand awareness, and drive community engagement.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting all areas of Austin FC marketing, sales, and community engagement initiatives including: brand development campaigns; consumer marketing product design; content development; creative and design direction; digital/social graphics; matchday experience creative materials; and public relations/communications assets.
The Graphic Designer will collaborate with Marketing and Sales leadership to design (and execute) effective and cohesive creative designs to achieve Austin FC’s objectives for awareness, engagement, and revenue as well as reflect the culture of the Club and city of Austin.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last two years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Considers artistic media with a focus on influencing, motivating and driving revenue?
- Enjoys creating designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and the community?
- Continuously thinks of new approaches to communicate ideas to consumers and develops unique meaningful designs?
- Maintains and protects brand standards and guidelines to ensure the brand is consistently adapted across all content, advertising, corporate partner programs and guest experiences?
- Efficiently streamlines the development and delivery of creative ideas to support effective marketing strategies?
- Understands the need to partner with (and support) revenue-generating departments?
- Designs compelling narratives through content creation?
- Identifies challenges and develops innovative, creative solutions?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Understands that crafting a great product sometimes takes long hours and doesn’t always happen during the regular business day?
- Develop and execute creative designs through diverse media to effectively grow the Austin FC brand
- Develop, drive and implement all design projects from conception through delivery
- Partner with Marketing Leadership to understand business goals, consult on strategies and produce creative ideas and content to achieve annual and long-term revenue and profitability growth targets
- Identify and develop design strategies that will help Austin communities engage in the sport of soccer and benefit from partnering with Austin FC
- Maintain brand consistency and support brand strategy throughout all marketing materials
- Work across departments to meet design and print needs such as flyers, sales materials, community event materials and more
- Make sure that projects support the overall marketing strategy and are completed within budgets
- Professional experience developing and implementing creative strategies that consistently meet or exceed strategic objectives
- An ability to create original designs using Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign or similar programs as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated experience with print and web design
- The aptitude to manage and edit video production from conception to final edit is a major plus, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media with diverse audiences
- Strong work ethic with an eye for detail
- High ability to exercise sound judgement in creative materials
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Prior sports and entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
- Hours are variable and can easily include evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.
How did you hear about this job?