Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Chief Marketing Officer with Austin FC in Austin, TX
Austin FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Austin, TX
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,000-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a driven and passionate Chief Marketing Officer to develop brand strategy, generate brand awareness, and drive community engagement.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and subsequently leading all areas of Austin FC marketing initiatives including: brand development; broadcast; community engagement; consumer marketing including multicultural platforms; content development; creative direction and design; digital/social; lead-generation, matchday experience; merchandise; and public relations/communications.
The CMO will assemble and manage a team that will design (and execute) effective strategies for the aforementioned scope of responsibility to achieve Austin FC’s objectives for awareness, engagement, and revenue.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last two years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Develops and protects brand standards and guidelines to ensure the brand is consistently adapted across all content, advertising, corporate partner programs and guest experiences?
- Efficiently streamlines the development and delivery of creative ideas and an overall vision for an effective marketing strategy?
- Understands the need to partner with (and support) revenue-generating departments?
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and quality?
- Can identify and formulate compelling narratives to assist with content creation and storytelling?
- Identifies challenges and develops innovative, creative solutions?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Direct the overall strategy creation and implementation of Austin FC’s brand message and its full deployment across all business lines
- Develop a thorough marketing approach, thorough set of brand standards, and thorough set of processes to ensure that internal and external resources are effectively growing the Austin FC brand
- Partner with senior leaders to understand business goals, consult on strategies and produce plans to achieve annual and long-term revenue and profitability growth targets, create new revenue streams, identify efficiencies, synergies and economies of scale that lead to tangible economic value creation
- Build and lead a team of marketing and community engagement professionals and provide effective leadership to develop staff as well as promote the culture and values of the Club
- Curate the organizations storytelling cycle though creative productions and engaging content utilizing a wide variety of digital, social and traditional content platforms
- Provide support to the senior executive team by providing talking points and coaching on delivery of key messages, ensuring key stakeholders are proactively informed and engaged and assist in preparation of response and/or position statements for diverse public audiences while making sure media opportunities are managed appropriately
- Collaborate closely with and leverage the business intelligence program to ensure the Marketing program appropriately and cost-effectively strategizes and targets work to optimize sales impact
- Identify and develop strategies that will help Austin communities engage in the sport of soccer and benefit from partnering with Austin FC
- Collaborate with Finance to develop and manage budgets as well as forecasting projections with accurate, relevant and consistent business metrics
- An ability to articulate a clear vision and story intended to establish an effective, respected brand for Austin FC
- Demonstrated senior marketing leadership experience with a proven record of performance and business achievement
- Exceptional record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that consistently meet or exceed revenue and strategic objectives
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing multicultural campaigns
- Evidence of being a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to develop and implement processes and plans
- Deep understanding of the power of strong community relations and the need to create community engagement platforms
- A successful leadership background with high ethical standards
- Strong leadership, planning, management and organizational skills and ability to direct the outcome of multiple complex projects in a dynamic environment
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media with diverse audiences
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Enjoy being challenged and have a desire to solve complex problems daily
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices and emerging technologies
- Prior sports and entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
- Hours are variable and can easily include evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.
How did you hear about this job?