Academy Physical Development Coach - FC Cincinnati (Milford · OH)
- Drive the strength & conditioning strategy of academy players in accordance with scientific training principles
- Using best-practice scientific principles, devise appropriate on-field training programs including power, speed, change of direction and aerobic fitness to prepare players for the demands of training and match-play
- Using best-practice strength and conditioning assessments for soccer players, perform a needs analysis of academy squads, benchmarking identified players to determine individual strengths and weakness and drive appropriate individual development programs
- Deliver gym-based strength & conditioning programs to players, in accordance with growth and maturations status and long-term athletic development model
- Utilize different technologies to determine player internal and external training load and their response to training
- Manage the collection, storage and analysis of appropriate training, assessment and monitoring information and provide effective feedback to key stakeholders within the organization
- Assist the Head of Sports Science and Nutrition to develop an educational resource/program for players in areas such as nutrition, lifestyle, preparation, and recovery to complement existing education provided by coaches and performance department staff
- Proficient in use of common sports science technological equipment / software (GPS, Heart rate, Jump testing, skinfold calipers)
- Ability to communicate information in a manner that is easily understood by a range of audiences
- A critical thinker, receptive to feedback, and willing to learn
- Displays a motivational coaching style
- Creative, dynamic, and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to demonstrate and role model appropriately
- Pro-active with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully as part of a Multi-Disciplinary Team to solve performance problems
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Sports Nutrition, or a related field preferred
- CSCS certification
- 3+ years of experience working with elite athletes in a high-performance sporting environment
- A thorough understanding of the holistic needs of developmental soccer players
- Knowledge of sports science, strength and conditioning, sports nutrition, and sports medicine
- Experience of management of athletes in individual and group settings
- Expertise in U.S. soccer and an understanding of the MLS schedule preferred
- Experience of maintaining databases and working with athlete monitoring systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to start date
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours including but not limited to weekends and holidays as required by the FCC game schedule, special events, and projects
This job is based at MHTC in Milford, Ohio. Is this location/commute suitable for you?
Will you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and be able to provide verification of vaccination prior to your start date?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
What annual salary range are you looking for?
How did you hear about this job? (Teamwork Online, LinkedIn, Job Fair, University Networking, Referral, etc.)