Manager, Social Media - D.C. Soccer, LLC d/b/a D.C. United (Washington · DC)
D.C. Soccer, LLC d/b/a D.C. United Jobs
Jobs in Washington · DC
Marketing: Social Media
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
D.C. United are looking for an experienced social media and digital professional to help elevate the club’s brand online and support fan development. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for building an effective social media strategy for both existing and emerging platforms, along with ensuring the club’s digital properties (website and app) align with D.C. United’s primary objectives and initiatives throughout the year. This position will be located within the Communications and Content department and will work closely alongside Marketing, Community Relations, Brand Engagement, Ticketing, and Events. The position is also responsible for the growth of the Audi Field properties across social and web. The Social Media Manager will play a leading role in managing the social team, inclusive of the club’s Social Media Coordinator, as well as support their professional development.
Interested candidates should submit a resumé and a link to an online portfolio (if available) or any examples of digital work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and drive short-term and long-term social media growth strategy
- Design, implement, and manage social media campaigns integrated into the company’s strategic marketing plans
- Create, curate, and manage social media content, including text, audio, visual, and multimedia formats
- Monitor and assess social media dashboards and reports to identify and address points for improvement
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, applications, best practices, strategy and innovation to stay relevant and effective
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to execute paid social media campaigns to support marketing initiatives
- Work alongside the Director of Brand Engagement to create impactful social media campaigns for club partners
- Hire, supervise, develop, and manage the social media staff to achieve social media objectives
- Develop and implement effective and efficient processes for communication, review and approvals
- Track social media campaigns’ key performance metrics to maximize results and report progress
- Build the club’s strategy for emerging platforms (e.g., Snapchat, TikTok, Reels)
- Develop and create content ideas to support partnerships and brand engagement
- Meet and execute contractual branded content requirement for club partners
- Execute programming as appropriate that reflects the club’s overall objective and initiatives
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends for matchdays
- 3+ years’ experience in similar field of work
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably marketing or communications
- Managerial experience within a social media department
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms, their unique audiences and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts
- In-depth knowledge of branded content and digital media
- Ability and understanding of paid social media campaigns
- Experience in sports, particularly soccer, preferred, but not required
- You must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination prior to start date.
- Must demonstrate a high level of detail-orientation, especially under deadline pressure
- Must display organization and communicative skills
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to easily switch between projects comfortably and quickly
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
- Must have strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-today operations without interruption
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made
- Social Media Coordinator
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.