Head Athletic Trainer - Loudoun United FC - D.C. Soccer, LLC d/b/a D.C. United (Leesburg · VA)
D.C. Soccer, LLC d/b/a D.C. United jobs
Sports Jobs in Leesburg · VA
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
The Head Athletic Trainer will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for Loudoun United FC. In this capacity, the Head Athletic Trainer will provide injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation and general player heath care. The performance of duties will be under the direction and supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and first team Head ATC. The Head Athletic Trainer will work closely with the Head Coach, General Manager, Director of Soccer Operations, and Director of Sports Performance daily. A year-round employee, the Athletic Trainer will attend all training, scrimmages and home games and will manage and supervise any interns that may be working within the sports medicine department of the club.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the healthcare of Players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation, making medical referrals and implementing and managing return to play protocols for injured players.
- Comply with OSHA standards regarding blood borne pathogens
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of Player health and participation records in the League provided electronic medical record (EMR) system (ARMS)
- Electronically document accurate first report of injury, physician diagnosis, Player assessments, Player treatments, and return to play dates in the electronic medical record (EMR) system (ARMS)
- Initiate, organize, and manage insurance/worker’s compensation claims for Players
- Compile reports as required by the League
- Must have adaptable, critical thinking mindset to work within changing environments
- Organize physical examinations as required by League regulations
- Supervise Medical Interns, and volunteers
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with Players, coaches, other Club personnel and League staff
- Comply with all League medical policies and protocols, per USL Medical Manual
- Consult with Players regarding dietary needs, nutritional supplements, and League/FIFA banned substances
- Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the Club/League
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by the Club/League
- Minimum four (4) year college/university bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree or higher in related healthcare field preferred
- Minimum five (5) years certified athletic trainer experience required
- Experience with elite level athletes, soccer preferred
- Experience working in a high tempo, high stress environment
- Soccer experience preferred
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer
- In good standing with NATABOC
- Athletic Training License as required by the state of Virginia
- CPR BLS certification for Health Care Provider
- Maintain professional liability insurance
- Preferred certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
- You must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination prior to start date
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, other team personnel and staff.
- Exceptional organization, communication, presentation, & management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Work in accordance with team objectives and values.
- Represent Loudoun United FC with top class appearance & professionalism
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.