*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position Summary: The Director, Corporate Partnerships is primarily responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional, and national brands through the sale of integrated sponsorship packages of Columbus Crew assets. The ideal candidate will have strong business development skills, and experience driving revenue for premium rights-holders through integrated marketing platforms.
- Prospect and close new corporate partnerships for all Columbus Crew properties (Team, Lower.com Field, owned media assets).
- Meet and exceed personal and team revenue targets, working closely across internal teams to achieve property goals.
- Generate qualified leads and maintain a continuous pipeline of prospects through a strong network of contacts, and by maximizing outreach, in-person meetings, event/game entertainment, and additional networking opportunities.
- Create and deliver custom presentations to prospects, working with internal business intelligence, community relations, foundation and marketing teams to assemble best-in-class ideation, strategy, and solutions.
- Establish strong working relationships with local, regional, and national brands to understand individual marketing and business goals and initiatives.
- Oversee the development of complex rights packages and lead the negotiation of long form agreements.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven history of successfully driving revenue for a premium rights holder
- Ability to successfully negotiate complex partnerships
- Professional approach that results in a level of trust and respect with internal stakeholders, maintaining a team first attitude that ensures team goals are achieved
- Work game days, weekends, and special events to entertain existing partners and new business prospects.
- Ability to travel as required for success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4-6 years of extensive and proven integrated sales experience with demonstrated success in the media, sport sponsorship, or entertainment fields
- Regional experience preferred, but not necessary
- Extensive knowledge of sports sponsorship contacts and asset development